Happy Sunday friends! Our cold front came in last night and what perfect timing for this chili recipe! I have been experimenting this past week with this recipe and so glad I can share it with y’all! This dish, is an easy crock pot dinner for the family and screams fall! I love cooking with pumpkin, and this is just one recipe where you can add pumpkin and not “taste it” if you are worried. 😉
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Chili as much as we do! I would love to hear from you if you try it. :).
An easy crock pot chili for those cold, fall days.
Optional toppings: onion, cilantro, greek yogurt
Cook time can be shortened with crock pot on high (4 hours)
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 heaping tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 cans Great Northern beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilis
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a large skillet, saute onion until translucent, add minced garlic & saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- While onions are cooking, drain and rinse beans, add to crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients to crock pot.
- Add cooked onions and garlic.
- Mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
These are the ingredients I like to use for this recipe. Make sure to check your labels, so you can make this recipe as “clean” as possible.
Saute your onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Add all other ingredients to the crock pot. Add cooked onion and garlic.
Mix all ingredients together.
Cook on low in crock pot for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. (make sure beans are soft)
Thank you for reading about what I love. Don’t forget to drop a comment and tell me what you think! I would love to hear from you.
Happy Clean Cooking!
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own.