Happy Friday friends!
It has been awhile since I have shared a recipe, so wanted to share this easy and quick vegetable soup that we love making during the cold months. This soup is easy to make and my entire family loves it! BTW…the picture doesn’t do it justice. 😉
Mom's Easy Vegetable Soup
Ingredients-1 pound ground meat *(check labels on your meat products for added ingredients)
-1 TBSP olive oil
-1 onion (chopped)
-1 15oz. can green beans drained and rinsed (optional)
-1 15oz. can green peas drained and rinsed (optional)
-1 15oz. can corn drained and rinsed (optional) **eliminate if on Whole30
-1 15oz.can carrots drained and rinsed (optional)
-1 15oz. can diced tomatoes *(check for no added sugar on tomato products)
-1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
-4-5 new/red potatoes (cut into slices or quarters)
-32 oz vegetable broth (**any broth can be used OR WATER)
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1 TBSP garlic powder
-1 TBSP onion powder
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2 TBSP olive oil, add chopped onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground meat to skillet and season ground meat to your liking. (1 TBSP garlic powder, 1 TBSP onion powder, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt)
- Cook meat on medium-high until meat is no longer pink.
- In a large pot add green beans, peas, corn, carrots, tomatoes, & chopped red potatoes.
- Add all seasonings. Add broth until mixture is the consistency of soup. If needed, add water to cover veggies. ( I always make sure liquid covers all of the veggies.)
- Bring vegetables to a boil. Then turn heat down to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer soup and add meat.
You can add or substitute any vegetables. Vegetarian option-exclude ground meat. *Check cans for BPA FREE, NO Salt added, and if you are wanting more of a *clean recipe, check vegetable cans for no added ingredients. Water can substitute for broth. I recommend bumping up your seasonings if you do this.
*Any recommendations based on a clean diet will have an *
Disclaimer: This Recipe was first created on Running On Clean. All opinions are my own.
My mom would make this soup all the time in the winter while we were growing up! It was such a comfort food. I hope it will bring you a some comfort during these chilly months.
Happy Clean Cooking!
XO, Ja’ Net