Christmas is just a few days away! Can you believe it. I love sharing new recipes and in this case an old one. My mom use to make “Monkey Bread” for us all the time growing up. It was almost a weekly breakfast. I loved it as a kid and excited to start making it for my boys. This is a breakfast the entire family will love!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did as a kid.
An easy Christmas morning breakfast tradition for everyone to enjoy.
2 cans 16 oz biscuits (cut into 4’s)
1 C of butter (2 sticks)
1/2 C of brown sugar
1 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
- Place 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 4’s and place a few pieces at a time inside the ziplock sugar bag and shake to coat. Once coated place biscuit pieces into greased bundt pan.
- On stove top melt 2 sticks of butter, 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar mixture (almost all of it) in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Remove from heat once boiling and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Slowly pour on to biscuits coating every piece as much as possible.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes then flip bundt pan directly over onto serving piece.
I hope this recipe makes its way into your kitchen for breakfast but be careful it’s addicting. The entire family will love it! Do you have any breakfast traditions? What do you make on Christmas morning?
~Tis the Season~