HI EVERYONE! How are you? Checking in to say hello and see how things are going? As you can see things are getting wild over here and we are doing all we can to stay busy and active. We all have good days and bad days and then better days. Most of our day is filled with playing school and going outside as much as we can! We have had a lot of fun together as a family, but then there are some days the boredom of this routine takes over and we all need a little personal space or alone time.
My main goal is to stay positive for my family and take it one day at a time. That’s all we can do, right? And of course do our part and stay home. We have been getting up and getting dressed every morning like it was a normal school day. Breakfast is around 8:30 and we start our school day around 9am. This helps the boys get going in the morning and stay on a routine. They know what to expect and aren’t anxious about the day. Once the day gets going it is different everyday depending on the weather. If it’s nice and sunny our days are spent more outside. When the weather is gloomy or rainy we start with inside stuff.
We have been e-learning for about 2 weeks now, and with multiple resources shared by our wonderful teachers and finding free online ideas my boys have been doing lots of new and fun activities. I have been trying to share as many ideas as I can on my Instagram stories and know not everyone gets to see those daily. You can follow me on Instagram if you want to stay up on my stories shares.
In this blog post I have compiled a list of activities we have done over the last 2 weeks. Some for learning, some for fun and some just to get outside and play! I will continue to add to the list as the weeks go by and I find new ideas. I also did a quick round up of Easter basket ideas all on Amazon at the end of this post!
Click here to view this blog post in your browser for all clickable images.
- Obstacle course – we made a backyard course with jumps, bat swings, climbing, lifting objects, pushing cars, running to the fence and back, push ups etc…. My boys loved this! We set timers to see how long it takes them to complete the course and then they try to beat their own times. It has been a great way to get exercise and play outside.
- Gonoodle.com – a fun interactive website that has fun dances and exercises for little kids. My 3 year old really loves this website.
- YMCA Superhero exercise routine – This video was sent over from our PE teachers and the boys have been doing it almost every morning. They sometimes dress up for fun! Its only 5 minutes, so great for little ones. If the link doesn’t open up in YouTube – you can search “ymca superhero workout video” it should pop up.
- Drive Way 4 square – my oldest (10) plays 4 square at school a lot so we move our cars every afternoon and play a game of family 4 square or 2 people can play 2 square. All you need is a bouncy ball.
- Scavenger Hunts – We found some great FREE printable scavenger hunts on Buggyandbuddy.com She has over 30 Free printable for different kinds of scavenger hunts!
- Aerobic bowling – we played this yesterday and the boys took it so seriously! If there is a timer involved, they are all in. This game was sent by our elementary school and a good way to get them moving. All you need in 1 ball and 6 plastic cups. Set a timer for 1 minute and you roll the ball to see how many cups you can knock over in 1 minute. They have to run back and forth to set cups up and get the ball. FUN!
- Board games – We have really loved Sequence as a family and even the hubby plays at the end of the day when kids are in bed. Zingo is also a new game we’ve been playing. It is like Bingo but with a twist. My three year old even joins in and can learn skills like “matching”
- Paint by Stickers – We love these books! They are a great quiet time activity for all ages. Click here to shop these books.
- Rocket stem lesson – we made these straw rockets the other day and it was the perfect rainy day activity. Get the free printable here.
- Drawing videos – HARPTOONS.com was sent by our art school teacher and the boys have really loved the drawing with number videos. There are a lot of videos on Youtube also.
- LIVE Zoo Cams have also been a favorite. We have checked on the animals while we are having lunch. San Diego Zoo has some great camera shots. We also have looked at the Houston Zoo Cams.
- Animal Charades – This is another one I just printed from the above site. Looks fun and the kids can have fun acting out the animals!
- Movie and popcorn -an easy favorite in our household
MORE LEARNING OPTIONS:
- Math – FACT cards – We ordered this set on Amazon and I love that it comes with rings to keep them all together. They also have one side with the answer.
2. Grammar Workbooks – I ordered both of these for my boys and they have great short activities that review the grammar skills they should know.
3. Reading Comprehension workbooks – another workbook we are using for quick activities to keep them thinking.
Easter will be a little different this year, but we are still hiding eggs and stuffing our baskets! I rounded up some fun basket ideas all from Amazon!
SHOP THE POST:
Fun Finds word search book | Slam ball | water balloons | Lego -shark | plastic eggs | balloon launcher | book series | swim shirt | flip flops | swim shorts | joke book | taco vs burrito game | hoover soccer ball
*click here to see this post in your browser and all clickable widgets.
We also received the cutest bunny succulent that was in my April Loves blog post, from a sweet small business, Succulent Bar. W had lots of fun putting together and decorating his succulent bunny and eating the candy too. 😉 This is such a fun, cute craft for kids to do at home or a great gift idea to send to family and friends! Click here to get yours!
Have a wonderful weekend
Blog Posts you may have missed:
Follow me in the LiketoKNOW.it app for all clickable shopping images in one spot.