Happy fall! We just got a cool front and I hope it lasts!!! This recipe is a fall staple in our house. It is super easy to fix and will be a perfect meal for those chilly nights! What I love about the chili is it is full of all the veggies, but you can also add meat if you prefer. I have made it both ways and it is delicious!
Crock pot meals are life savers in our house. I usually try to plan 1-2 crock pot meals a week, to give me a break and also lets me focus on my kids more in the evenings, especially since our time change gives us such a small amount of time outside after school.
Recipe: Vegetable Chili Time: 4-8 hours (crock pot) Level: Easy
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pound cubed butternut squash (check your produce section, find it pre-cut to save time)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 large (28 oz.)can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
OPTIONAL: For a meat alternative, add 1 LB. of ground meat ***(If you add meat to your chili, brown the meat first in the skillet with your onion)
- Add all ingredients into a large 6 quart crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Set Crockpot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours and close lid.
Happy Clean Cooking!
Disclaimer: Thank you for reading about what I love. All opinions are my own.