Friday is my favorite! What day of the week is yours? Today on the blog I am sharing this outfit that I styled with some of favorite go-to pieces! They are all staples that you might already have in your closet. These items can be styled numerous ways and are prefect year round pieces. They have been great in these chilly months, but I am so ready to style them with the warmer weather hopefully coming soon.
1. Gingham shirt– These shirts are year round staples. I love a good button down, that isn’t too thick or structured. This one is called “The Perfect Shirt” and let me tell you it is worth every penny. For now while the weather is chilly, pairing this top with jeans is a perfect everyday look. Gingham is such a staple pattern that goes well with so many things. (this top is also available in a pink gingham)
If you are headed into the office, this shirt is perfect with slacks or a skirt. The loose and breezy feel of this shirt, makes it comfortable and easy to layer. This summer I plan to wear this top with my newest shorts I was talking about on Instagram yesterday. The best part is they are on sale for under $15! Then to dress this shirt up for a summer night out, I will pair it with my favorite pair of white denim. Click here for those. You can’t go wrong with this “perfect shirt“. If you aren’t a gingham fan, not to worry this top comes in 5 other colors. You must check out the light blue stripe…….it gives me all the beach vibes or the thick black and white stripe that makes such a bold statement! I love them all. For reference, this top runs true to size. I am 5’6, and wearing a small.
2. Utility/field vest– If you haven’t snagged a field vest yet what are you waiting for! They are a great layering piece and can add a little something to any ordinary outfit. Layering this vest over any long sleeve button up is a great combo and perfect for the chillier months. These vests are also great to layer with your spring and summer dresses. They are so versatile and look great paired with so many different outfits. Try pairing it not only over button-ups, but over a white tee shirt or a t-shirt dress. I can’t wait to wear it with white denim this summer or a pair of denim shorts.
3. Dark wash jeans– This pair of jeans have been my go to jeans this past season. We all need a good pair of skinny jeans and these are perfect to me. The raw hem gives this pair a fun detail without the distressing and I LOVE the button fly. I can dress these up for an evening out or throw them on with a white t-shirt for a day of errands. I love these jeans paired with this shirt for a classic look. These jeans run TTS, but if you are in between sizes I would possibly size up.
Two other favorite jeans:
4. Nude shoes-These loafers I ordered on a whim just to try. Let me tell you I am so glad I did. These shoes are so comfortable and such an easy shoe to style for everyday or the office. I love these loafers because the backs can fold down for the “mule” look. They also come in 3 other colors. The pink pair are to die for!! I was extremely impressed with the quality and comfort of these shoes. Nude shoes are great with almost any outfit. I love these loafers with skinny jeans, but they would look great with a causal dress, or even a pair of denim shorts this summer! AND hello comfy office shoes!! 🙂 For reference, I did size down a 1/2 size. They didn’t have my normal size, so I went down and they fit PERFECT!
5. Sunglasses– If you know me then you know I am a huge fan of DIFF sunglasses. When I ordered these last year, it was love at first sight! They are such a great pair of glasses and under $90! You might be thinking that is still pricey, but the best part is they are polarized too. It is hard to find good quality polarized sunglasses for under $100.
I usually almost always wear polarized sunglasses. It is kinda just what my eyes have gotten use to. They have tons of frames and colors to choose from, but these are by far one of my faves! Click here to check out DIFF products and how they give back with each pair of sunglasses sold. 🙂