January is already half over! Anyone making Super Bowl plans yet? We have a lot of family birthdays this month, so we will be celebrating those soon and then roll on into February!
I get a lot of questions about leggings. What are my favorites? Which do I workout in? Best athleisure pair? So many good questions I thought I would address them in a blog post, so if you are on the hunt for leggings I hope this post helps you decide!
Click here if you are viewing this post in an emailed version.
For reference: As a style blogger, I work to bring you the best information and deals that I can find. This blog post does have affiliated links. I make a small commission if something makes a purchase through my links. If you shop through an app, like the Nordstrom app or Amazon app it will cancel out my link and commission. If you are considering making an online purchase, please consider doing your shopping through my commissioned link. Nothing extra required on your end, just click my link and add item to your cart. Then make sure to check out in the same browser and not an app. Thank you for supporting my blog and helping me continue to bring useful and helpful content to you!
MY TOP 5
- 90 Degrees– $26 This is my newest pair of leggings that I recently discovered on Amazon. I wore them all day the other day and loved the fit! Size down one size.
- PROS: Reviews are amazing online, free shipping, high-waisted tummy control, under $30, and they come in several colors. I wanted to try a different color since I own mainly black. This color is Mulberry. **Fit is comparable to the Zella.
- CONS: No cons yet.
- Athleta– $89-$98 My favorite thing about this brand, is if you are not completely satisfied you can return your item….(worn and washed) for a refund! So, it doesn’t hurt to buy a pair, wear them around or workout in them and see what you think!
- PROS: numerous styles to choose from for designated workouts. I.E. weight training, yoga, cardio/running etc…. The fit is good and there are also different rise options. (high-rise, mid-rise). My favorite length is the 7/8 length. Free shipping over $50 (which you will spend on one pair of leggings)
- CONS: Price tag is higher on this brand.
- ***Recommend sizing down ONE SIZE
- Old Navy– $32 (always on sale) The compression leggings have been my favorite from this brand.
- PROS: The compression mesh trim are Perfect for atheisure or a quick workout. I wear my Moto pair a lot for errands! They are high-waisted and comparable to the Zella fit when wanting a little tummy control. They run TTS. Again, the 7/8 fit is my favorite in this brand.
- CONS: My Moto pair I like more for athleisure. (not really a con) I have worked out in them, but do find myself pulling them up. If you want to try out a pair for working out, I recommend the compression pair. Click here for those.
- SPANX- $98 I have had my SPANX faux leather leggings for a year now and LOVE them. I get are they worth the price question all the time. And I say YES! But if you don’t want to spend that amount….there are options.
- PROS: High-waisted, suck it all in, great faux leather option. If you don’t like the leather, try these…..another pair of SPANX with great reviews. They fit TTS, but size up one if you are in between. Question I’ve gotten about Spanx….. what if they roll down on my waist? If they roll down on your waist, I would try sizing up one and compare the fit. These leggings are “tight” and are meant to suck it in. I wear mine for casual atheisure looks and also love dressing them up with a tunic and heels for a date night!
- CONS: The price tag is higher on this brand.
- Other Spanx options: 1. Seamless leggings $68 2. Assets by Spanx $34
- Zella– $54 This is another great brand I love wearing for both athleisure and workouts. I find myself wearing Zella to workout when I am doing barre, yoga, walking etc…
- PROS: High-waisted, great fit, lots of patterns and colors to choose from, ships for free always. Fit TTS or size down one if in between. This pair has been marked down to under $30. I tried them on during the N Sale and loved them. **size down if in between.
- CONS: Sizing can be tricky. I personally size down in most Zella, but be sure to try out two sizes to find your perfect fit. I always order two to try, so I don’t get stuck with a baggy pair of leggings.
***Bonus pair: Baleaf– This pair are highly recommended and from Amazon! Just check out the reviews. They are on my list to try, but the reviews are great and so is the price point!(under $30)
Do you have a favorite legging? I am always on the hunt for a new pair that can function at the gym, but also would make great athleisure wear! Have you tried or do you own any of these? I would love to hear your feed back on your favorites! I hope this information helps you with your leggings search. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.
Other details from outfit: Gray long sleeve top | slip on black shoes
My favorite tops:
- Nike Essential Tank Tops
- ON Tie Back Tanks
- Nike Half-zip pullovers
- Zella pullover
- Zella Racerback Tank
- JCP pullover tops
2 thoughts on “TOP 5 LEGGINGS | REVIEWED”
Such a great post! It’s good to know which leggings are better than others.I will definitely check out the SPANX ones.
Thank you for reading! The SPANX really do hold it all in and more!